DRV8825 Stepper Motor Driver
Want to controller stepper Motor from Arduino, Raspberry Pi or any other Micro-controller? Well then this stepper motor driver will simplify your coding and will give you more flexibility in controlling the stepper motor.
Note: Not all stepper motors can be controlled by DRV8825 Stepper Driver.
The DRV8825 stepper motor driver carrier is a breakout board for TI’s DRV8825 micro-stepping bipolar stepper motor driver. The DRV8825 features adjustable current limiting, over-current and over-temperature protection, and six microstep resolutions (down to 1/32-step). It operates from 8.2 – 45 V and can deliver up to approximately 1.5 A per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow (rated for up to 2.2 A per coil with sufficient additional cooling).This product is a carrier board or breakout board for TI’s DRV8825 stepper motor driver; we therefore recommend careful reading of the DRV8825 datasheet before using this product. This stepper motor driver lets you control one bipolar stepper motor at up to 2.2 A output current per coil.
Features of DRV8825
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Six different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, 1/4-step, 1/8-step, 1/16-step, and 1/32-step
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
- Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
- 45 V maximum supply voltage
- Built-in regulator (no external logic voltage supply needed)
- Can interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, over-current shutdown, and under-voltage lockout
- Short-to-ground and shorted-load protection
- 4-layer, 2 oz copper PCB for improved heat dissipation
- Exposed solderable ground pad below the driver IC on the bottom of the PCB
Tags: Motor Driver