Raspberry Pi NoIR Camera Board V2.1- 8MP
8 Mega Pixel Raspberry PI NOIR Camera
This is the official 8MP NOIR camera from Raspberry Pi foundation. The 2.1 Night Vision version of the CSI camera module for the Raspberry Pi 3 is equipped with a CMOS sensor Sony IMX219 image sensor allowing to obtain still images of 3280 × 2464 pixels and a video stream up to 1080p30. It also supports 720p60 and 640x480p90 video streams.
The Night Vision version, also called NoIR, allows you to obtain snapshots or a video stream even with very low luminosity. Be careful though, this is not a night vision camera. Additional Led lighting is required to obtain an image at night.
The Raspberry Pi NoIR Camera Module v2.1 is a high quality 8 megapixel Sony IMX219 image sensor custom designed add-on board for Raspberry Pi, featuring a fixed focus lens.
It attaches to Pi by way of one of the small sockets on the board upper surface and uses the dedicated CSi interface, designed especially for interfacing to cameras.
The NoIR Camera has No InfraRed (NoIR) filter on the lens which makes it perfect for doing Infrared photography and taking pictures in low light (twilight) environments.
Specifications of Raspberry Pi NoIR Camera Board V2 - 8MP
- Sensor: CMOS Sony IMX219
- Resolution: 8MP, 3280 × 2464 pixels
- Sensor size : 1/4”
- Focale lenght : 3,04mm
- Field of view: 73,8°
- Aperture (F) : 2.0
- Video record: 1080p30, 720p60, 640x480p90
- Dimensions: 25mm x 24mm x 9mm
- No infrared filter for more sensitivity with very low lighting (be careful, this is not night vision!)
- Compatible with the Raspberry Pi 3 CSI connector
Features of Raspberry Pi NoIR Camera Board V2 - 8MP
- Fixed focus lens on-board
- 8 megapixel native resolution sensor-capable of 3280 x 2464 pixel static images
- Supports 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p90 video
- Size 25mm x 23mm x 9mm
- Weight just over 3g
- Connects to the Raspberry Pi board via a short ribbon cable (supplied)
- NoIR Camera v2 is supported in the latest version of Raspbian, Raspberry Pi's preferred operating system