Nokia 5110 84x84 LCD Display Module
- Stock: 3 InStock
- SKU: 1006 | DAA885
306.80 (inc GST)
Rs.260.00 + GST
GST Invoice on all Purchase. So you will be eligible to take input tax credit.
IF component not in Stock or require more quantity or want to buy in bulk e-mail us your requirements on: dnatechindia "at" gmail.com.
|Shipping : Due to Covid-19 situation delivery will be affected. Delivery period due to covid-19 issue will be from 4 - 12 days depending upon your location.|
Nokia 5110 84x84 LCD Display PCB Module
It was originally intended for as a cell phone screen. This one is mounted on an easy to solder PCB.
The Nokia 5110 LCD Module uses a Philips PCD8544 LCD driver, which is designed for mobile phones. The Nokia 5110 is a basic graphic LCD screen for lots of applications.
It uses the PCD8544 controller, which is the same used in the Nokia 3310 LCD. The PCD8544 is a low power CMOS LCD controller/driver, designed to drive a graphic display of 48 rows and 84 columns. All necessary functions for the display are provided in a single chip, including on-chip generation of LCD supply and bias voltages, resulting in a minimum of external components and low power consumption. The PCD8544 interfaces to microcontrollers through a serial bus interface.
Operation at 3.3V
Many devices that can be used with an Arduino, require a power supply of 3.3V. This is also the case with the Nokia 5110. The best way to deal with 3.3V devices is to take an Arduino Pro, which can run on 3.3V.
Thanks to the internal clamp of the PCD8544 we can use a very simple level shifter. Four current limiting resistors of 10kΩ can do the job. When an LCD control line is high, the current through the 10kΩ resistor is just 40uA, so this is harmless. Note that we can't read back from the LCD with this circuit.
Operation at 5V
Because VDD max = 7V, the PCD8544 controller can handle 5V, but the Nokia 5110 LCD works best at 3.3V. The four resistors of 10kΩ avoid streaks on the LCD display.
Features of Nokia 5110
- For Nokia 5110 3V-5V
- Module size: 45.2mm x 43.1mm
- 84 X 84 dot matrix LCD, can show 4 lines of characters
- Use serial interface communicate with the master processor, the number of interface signal line reduced greatly, only 8 signal lines including power and GND.
- Support different types of MCU, such as the arduino, AVR, SPI, MCS51 and so on.
- Transfer rate up to 4Mbps, can full speed write display data without waiting time.
- Can use the conductive glue to connect the module with the printed board, without cables. The metal hooks on the module can fix the module on the printed board, which is very easy to install and replace.
- LCD controller/driver chip has been bound to LCD chip, the volume of LCD is small
- Low power supply,the working current in normal situation is lower than 200µA,and has power-down mode
- 1.RST--------- reset
- 2.CE---------- chip selection
- 3.DC---------- data/commands choice
- 4.DIN--------- serial data line
- 5.CLK--------- serial Clock Speed
- 6.3.3V-------- VCC
- 7.LIGHT------- backlight control terminal
- 8.GND--------- power negative
|Country of Origin||China|
|Imported By||ElectroSource Private Limited|