DC brushed motor is widely used for many different applications; from conveyor, AGV (Automated Guide Vehicle), mobile robot and combat robot. One of the reasons is the ease to use it, just connect the two terminals of motor to power respectively, it will start rotating, so simple. Yet, to control the speed and direction from a controller, a motor driver is needed.
This is MD30C DC brushed motor driver. It is the successor of MD30B which is designed to drive medium to high power brushed DC motor with output current up to 80A peak (1 second) and 30A continuously. Full NMOS(solid state) design not only provides faster switching time, it is also more efficient and no heatsink or fan is required to get 30A continuous in room temperature.
Besides that, MD30C also incorporates some user friendly features such as reverse polarity protection for Vin/Vmotor and onboard PWM generator which allows it to operate without additional controller. The motor can simply be controlled with the onboard switches and potentiometer. External switches and potentiometer can also be used.
Which motor is good to be driven by MD30C? As long as the motor:
- DC Brushed motor (Two terminals)
- Operating voltage from 5V to 30VDC
We have Various sizes of Cytron. Check out our complete collection of Cytron.
If you are in Nashik you can buy this Electronic Component at our local shop at New CBS, Nashik or you can place order online and get it delivered at your doorstep anywhere in India.
- Bi-directional control for 1 brushed DC motor, single channel
- Motor Voltage : 5V to 30VDC
- Maximum Output Current: 80A peak (1 second), 30A continuous
- Reverse polarity protection for Vmotor
- 3.3V and 5V logic level input
- Full NMOS H-Bridge for higher efficiency and no heat sink is required
- Brakes the motor when PWM pin is low (logic low)
- Speed control PWM frequency up to 20KHz (Actual output frequency is same as input frequency when external PWM is selected)
- Onboard PWM generator with switches and potentiometer for standalone operation
- Support both locked-antiphase and sign-magnitude for external PWM operation.