Maker Path : Simplfying Rasberry Pi For (Education)
Beginners can skip the hassle of constructing the basic electronic circuit which is boring and time consuming.
Although it is equally important for them to learn about basic electronics, it can always come later after they have experienced how easy it is to create awesome project. Start with fun and excitement. Start coding right away and see your board lights up and plays sound with the press of a button. It comes with on board LEDs, push buttons and buzzer to easily learn how to control input and output. No messy wiring needed and no additional components needed.
Simplify troubleshooting and prototyping. Not only do the on board LEDs work as outputs, they can also act as indicators, clearly showing what's happening on that pin. When the pin is used as input, you can clearly see whether the signal is received by just looking at changes on the LEDs. The pre-soldered header pins come with nice labels. This helps user to easily connect inputs and outputs to the right pins. This will further assist them in interfacing with sensors and actuators.
The Maker pHAT is designed to be the same size as Raspberry Pi Zero board, it stacks perfectly on top of RPI Zero with the four mounting holes aligned. We do advise getting Raspberry Pi Zero WH (pre-solder header pin) for beginner because it is not an easy work to solder the 40-pin GPIO, not to forget you need to have the soldering tools too.
Maker pHAT is also compatible with Raspberry Pi 3B, 3B+ or even the latest Raspberry Pi 3A+, just need to insert the 2x20 stacking header(included).
- Raspberry Pi Zero size, stack perfectly on to Pi Zero Series of SBC (Single Board Computer).
- Compatible with standard size Raspberry Pi 3B/3B+, medium size Raspberry Pi 3A+ and smaller size Raspberry Pi Zero/W/WH.
- Standard Raspberry Pi GPIO footprint.
- LED array for selected GPIO pins (GPIO 17, 18, 27, 22, 25, 12, 13, 19).
- 3x on board programmable push buttons (GPIO 21, 19 and 20, need to configure as input pull up).
- On board active buzzer (GPIO 26).
- Proper label for all GPIOs, including SPI, UART, I2C, 5V, 3.3V, and GND.
- Utilize USB Micro-B socket for 5V input and USB to UART communication.
- USB serial facilitated by the CH340, Rev1.10 uses FT231X as the USB to UART
- Input voltage : USB 5V, from computer, power bank or standard USB adapter.
- 1 x Maker pHAT
- 1 x 2x20 Stacking Header