AD620 Instrumentation Amplifier
The low input bias current of 1.0 nA max is made possible with the use of Superϐeta processing in the input stage.
The AD620 is a low cost, high accuracy instrumentation amplifier that requires only one external resistor to set gains of 1 to 10,000. Furthermore, the AD620 features 8-lead SOIC and DIP packaging that is smaller than discrete designs and offers lower power (only 1.3 mA max supply current), making it a good fit for battery-powered, portable (or remote) applications.
The AD620, with its high accuracy of 40 ppm maximum nonlinearity, low offset voltage of 50 μV max, and offset drift of 0.6 μV/°C max, is ideal for use in precision data acquisition systems, such as weigh scales and transducer interfaces. Furthermore, the low noise, low input bias current, and low power of the AD620 make it well suited for medical applications, such as ECG Monitoring and noninvasive blood pressure monitors.
The AD620 works well as a preamplifier due to its low input voltage noise of 9 nV/√Hz at 1 kHz, 0.28 μV p-p in the 0.1 Hz to 10 Hz band, and 0.1 pA/√Hz input current noise. Also, the AD620 is well suited for multiplexed applications with its settling time of 15 μs to 0.01%, and its cost is low enough to enable designs with one in-amp per channel.
FEATURES of AD620
- Gain set with one external resistor (Gain range 1 to 10,000)
- Wide power supply range (±2.3 V to ±18 V)
- Higher performance than 3 op amp IA designs
- Available in 8-lead DIP and SOIC packaging
- Low power, 1.3 mA max supply current
- Excellent dc performance (B grade)
- 50 μV max, input offset voltage
- 0.6 μV/°C max, input offset drift
- 1.0 nA max, input bias current
- 100 dB min common-mode rejection ratio (G = 10)
- 9 nV/√Hz @ 1 kHz, input voltage noise
- 0.28 μV p-p noise (0.1 Hz to 10 Hz)
- Excellent ac specifications
- 120 kHz bandwidth (G = 100)
- 15 μs settling time to 0.01%
APPLICATIONS of AD620
- ECG and medical instrumentation
- Industrial process controls
- Battery-powered and portable equipment